Informatics/Big Data at NYUSM, and SPARCS
- Students will be able to define and describe a typical "panel"
- Students will be able to list the advantages and limitations of a panel approach
- Students will be able to use a spreadsheet of patient data to coordinate care
- Students will be able to describe the various forms of panels including the statistical term, population health, and care coordination
NYU has created an exercise for students that uses over 5 million patient-level records as contained in the 2012/2013 SPARCS database:
ACE SPARCS Student Project
- Liberating Data to Transform Health Care. New York’s Open Data Experience. JAMA. 2014;311(24):2481-2482.
- Overview of SPARCS
- SPARCS Data Dictionary (PDF)